BLOSSOM TRAIL PLAYERS ANNOUNCES OPEN CALL FOR MUSICIANS FOR PIT ORCHESTRA IN FIRST SHOW OF INAUGURAL SEASON, "FIDDLER ON THE ROOF"
April 13, 2015—Sanger, CA—Blossom Trail Players is announcing an open call for positions in the pit orchestra of the first show of its inaugural season, "Fiddler On The Roof." Currently, most positions in the orchestra are open. Ensemble positions are:
- REED 1. Doublings for flute and piccolo.
- REED 2. No doubling; clarinet only.
- REED 3. Doublings for bass clarinet and clarinet.
- REED 4. No doubling; bassoon only.
- REED 5. Doublings for english horn and oboe.
- TRUMPET 1, 2, 3.
- GUITAR. Doublings for mandolin and lute.
- PERCUSSION. Experience needed with both concert percussion and trap set.
- 2x VIOLIN A, B, C.
- 2x VIOLA.
- 2x CELLO.
In addition to performance positions, BTP is seeking candidates for the following technical and administrative positions:
- PIT TECHNICAL MANAGER. Responsible for setup and teardown of pit equipment for all rehearsals and performances. Will be responsible to know itemized list of all necessary equipment, orchestra layout, and basic electronics setup.
- ASSISTANT TO THE MUSIC DIRECTOR. Responsible to the Music Director, and at times may report to the Vocal Coach, to assist in administrative duties, rehearsal management, and other tasks related to the production as deemed necessary.
Please note that both of the above positions may be filled by the same person, should the Music Director choose.
Full rehearsal schedule will be posted as soon as it is finalized, though orchestra rehearsals will tentatively begin the week of May 18. At present, positions are volunteer only. Depending on application, interviews and/or auditions may be required by the Music Director.
For more information, or to apply, visit the apply page on our site or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT “FIDDLER”: “Fiddler” is set in the Pale of Settlement of Imperial Russia in 1905, and is based on "Tevye and his Daughters" (or "Tevye the Dairyman") and other tales by Sholem Aleichem. The story centers on Tevye, the father of five daughters, and his attempts to maintain his Jewish religious and cultural traditions, as outside influences encroach upon the family's lives. He must cope both with the strong-willed actions of his three older daughters, who wish to marry for love—each one's choice of a husband moves further away from the customs of his faith—and with the edict of the Tsar that evicts the Jews from their village. The original Broadway production of the show, which opened in 1964, had the first musical theatre run in history to surpass 3,000 performances, earned rousing critical and commercial acclaim, and has since seen numerous revivals, tours, and productions internationally.
ABOUT THE BLOSSOM TRAIL PLAYERS: BLOSSOM TRAIL PLAYERS is a brand new community theatre group in Sanger, California. Founded by theatre enthusiasts, professionals and educators through the support of Sanger Unified School District, the BTP’s mission is to put on high-quality theatrical productions for the entertainment of the community, to offer an outlet for performers and creatives to apply their talents in a group setting, and to provide training and educational opportunities to those interested in learning more about the theatrical arts.